The goal of aural rehabilitation is to reduce or eliminate various hearing deficits and, as much as possible, restore hearing to “normal.” At Now Hear This®, we are proud to offer aural rehabilitation services (also known as audiologic rehabilitation) to individuals in Raleigh and the entire Triangle region of North Carolina suffering from hearing loss.
Now Hear This®: Specializing in Aural Rehabilitation
Now Hear This® utilizes the following audiologic rehabilitation strategies, as recommended by the American Speech and Hearing Association, to help patients adapt to life with hearing loss:
- Handling Conversation — This involves developing techniques to better facilitate conversation, such as asking people to face you when speaking, learning how to ask questions, and more.
- Strategic Arrangement of Your Home — Simple things such as adding carpeting to absorb noise, improving lighting so you can better see mouth movements, and arranging furniture for face-to-face conversation can greatly improve your ability to have meaningful conversations.
- Dealing with Background Noise Outside the Home — Learn how to handle social situations outside of the home in settings that may be noisy, such as restaurants and stores.
- Knowing Your Legal Rights — You will learn about your legal rights under laws such as the Americans with Disabilities Act, and how they influence requirements to accommodate your hearing challenges in public places.
- Attending Support Groups — Joining a community support group gives you the opportunity to learn from the experience of others.
5 Keys Online Communication Training Program
Despite the incredible advancements in hearing aid technology, the fact remains that hearing aids are only one piece of the communication puzzle. As a patient of our clinic, we are proud to introduce you to an excellent new program called 5 Keys Communication. It is designed to help you overcome frustrations associated with hearing loss and has produced positive results for tens of thousands of people. Through a series of weekly emails, you will learn the 5 Keys to Communication Success. These quick and fun eLessons will teach you how to apply the 5 Keys to your most difficult listening situations. Each tip will also include helpful information about the care and use of your hearing aids as well as other important resources. The greatest part about these weekly eLessons is that you can share them with your family members and friends who might also benefit from the information. In fact, half of the lessons are written for the people in your life who need to do their part in communicating clearly so that you can better understand them. We encourage you to share them with everyone who talks to you on a regular basis! This awesome new resource is now available to all of our patients. If you are an established patient of our clinic and would like to join the 5 Keys Online Communication Training Program, please email email@example.com.
Enjoy Life More Fully with Aural Rehabilitation & Better Hearing from Now Hear This®
Our staff is here to help you manage your hearing loss, and give you the resources you need to live life more fully. Questions? Contact Now Hear This® today by calling 919-256-2898 to learn more about our aural rehabilitation services in Raleigh, NC.
Take Action on Your Hearing
Hear From Our Patients
“Having been in healthcare for over 30 years and raising 5 children I have needed the care of dozens of Dr’s and healthcare offices. I have visited and consulted with Drs and staff in multiple states as a consultant and provider. Dr Egan and the staff at Now Hear This in Raleigh are superb! Her personal attention and caring attitude is a model for all Drs. I encourage anyone that reads this review to accept nothing but the best in healthcare. Be sure to visit her before making any decisions regarding you or your family’s hearing needs. Thanks for my great care!”
– Dr. Anthony DeLuke