The goal of aural rehabilitation is to reduce or eliminate various hearing deficits and, as much as possible, restore hearing to “normal.” At Now Hear This®, we are proud to offer aural rehabilitation services (also known as audiologic rehabilitation) to individuals in Raleigh and the entire Triangle region of North Carolina suffering from hearing loss.
Now Hear This®: Specializing in Aural Rehabilitation
Now Hear This® utilizes the following audiologic rehabilitation strategies, as recommended by the American Speech and Hearing Association, to help patients adapt to life with hearing loss:
- Handling Conversation — This involves developing techniques to better facilitate conversation, such as asking people to face you when speaking, learning how to ask questions, and more.
- Strategic Arrangement of Your Home — Simple things such as adding carpeting to absorb noise, improving lighting so you can better see mouth movements, and arranging furniture for face-to-face conversation can greatly improve your ability to have meaningful conversations.
- Dealing with Background Noise Outside the Home — Learn how to handle social situations outside of the home in settings that may be noisy, such as restaurants and stores.
- Knowing Your Legal Rights — You will learn about your legal rights under laws such as the Americans with Disabilities Act, and how they influence requirements to accommodate your hearing challenges in public places.
- Attending Support Groups — Joining a community support group gives you the opportunity to learn from the experience of others.
Enjoy Life More Fully with Aural Rehabilitation & Better Hearing from Now Hear This®
Our staff is here to help you manage your hearing loss, and give you the resources you need to live life more fully. Questions? Contact Now Hear This® today by calling 919-256-2898 to learn more about our aural rehabilitation services in Raleigh, NC.
Take Action on Your Hearing
Hear From Our Patients
“I am so thankful to Now Hear This® Audiology. It is the best practice around and has the most sophisticated technology in the country. My audiology care is second-to-none.”
– Alison W.