Common Myths About Hearing Aids Debunked: they make everything too loud, people are going to notice them on my ears, patients need to do their research to find the ‘perfect’ hearing aid, they end up in the drawer… Continue reading
Being able to hear clearly and understand conversation brings many advantages. It keeps us safe by alerting us of noises in our environment, such as when someone is knocking on the door, or when a high-pitched smoke alarm goes off.
Most importantly, improved hearing keeps us connected to our family, friends, and the community. The largest study* on the effects of treatment of hearing loss showed that people who chose to hear better with hearing devices reported the benefits of:
- Better relationships within the family
- Better feelings about themselves
- Improved mental health
- Greater independence and security
- Desire to participate in social and family events
The patients of Now Hear This® in Raleigh tell us about other benefits of improved hearing:
- Less fatigue from having to strain to hear
- Greater enjoyment of TV
- Improved hearing on the telephone
- Feel more connected and in-the-know
- Better performance at work
- More involvement with children and grandchildren
It has been found that individuals who make the decision to hear better obtain significant benefits most of which are noticed right away. Schedule a hearing evaluation today with Now Hear This® and see how your hearing and quality of life will improve.
*The Consequences of Untreated Hearing Loss in Older Persons. Nation Council on Aging, 1999.