In the past, most people…including physicians…considered hearing loss as benign and did not even ask patients about symptoms. That can no longer be the case because of the recent NIH-sponsored clinical studies and related research showing a very strong linkage between hearing loss and significant chronic health issues like dementia (including Alzheimer’s). To aid in the education about these issues, Now Hear This® is pleased to present the following papers entitled Clinical Tidbits. If you are a physicians or find your self in the position of giving care to anyone, please feel free to read or download any of them, and also feel free to contact us if you require additional information, or need the Bibliography upon which they are based.
- Ototoxicity: Identify Medications Toxic to the Ear
- Hearing Loss and Brain Tissue
- ￼Treat Hearing Loss to Preserve Cognitive Health
- Hearing Loss and Health: What is the Connection
- Better Hearing or Save Money?
- Medicare IPPE Requirements and HS
- Hearing Loss Linked to Major Health Issues
- Tinnitus: Clues About This Mysterious Disorder
- Measurements of Hearing Aid Output
- Wax Removal: Tips of Safety and Effectiveness
- Treatment of Vertigo
- Second-hand Smoke Linked to Hearing Loss in Children
- Hearing Conclusively Shown to Impact Postural Stability
- Hearing Loss and iPod Use
- Hearing Loss and Diabetes
- Hearing Loss and Dementia
- Hearing Loss and Health Related Quality of Life
Now Hear This® also offers Continuing Education courses on hearing health and audiology that have been approved by a division of the North Carolina Department of Health & Human Services. Dr. Philip Griffin, Au.D, Clinical Audiologist, will come to your location to conduct these sessions.
Further, Now Hear This® offers hands-on training sessions for medical professionals and staff to accurately diagnose and treat patients complaining of dizziness and presenting signs of Benign Paroxsmyl Positional Vertigo (BPPV).
Training for your medical staff will include:
- An overview of BPPV
- Signs and symptoms of BPPV
- Discussion of cost and unnecessary MRIs to diagnose dizziness.
- Treatment, including hands-on training on how to perform a CRM, Semont or Epley Maneuver.
This training can save your office valuable appointment time, while providing your patients with relief. Call (919) 256-2898 to schedule a complimentary, in-house training session for your staff with Dr. Griffin, Au.D, Clinical Audiologist.
Now Hear This® welcomes physician referrals as well as inquiries about our Audiology services and how our exclusive AccuFit® technology makes such a significant difference in hearing and hearing aid performance. Learn more about referring a patient »