Audibel Hearing Aids: The Pros & Cons
At Now Hear This®, patients often call and ask questions about Audibel and other national hearing aid brands. While the right hearing solution can only be determined after a thorough in-person evaluation, our Raleigh, NC audiologists are pleased to share the following information. It will help you make a smart decision to optimize your hearing health.
Audibel Hearing Aids for Raleigh, NC Patients
While most all local audiology clinics offer as many hearing aid options as Audibel, they do have an impressive range of offerings. This includes behind-the-ear (BTE) options, invisible-in-the-canal (IIC) options, in-the-canal (ITC) options and more. Further, with office locations across the country, it’s easy to find an Audibel dealer.
However, always remember that the main reason people aren’t happy with their hearing aids isn’t the aids themselves. The problem is that they weren’t adjusted or “programmed” right from the start. The quality of care is far more important than the aids. Audibel hearing aids may be good quality but here are five questions to ask so you know you are getting the best quality of hearing health care, and thus the best performing hearing aids.
- Hearing aid dealers or licensed audiologists? Customers of Audibel offices are almost always served by hearing aid dealers, not licensed audiologists. Hearing aid dealers (or specialists) typically need only a high school education and a state license. On the other hand, audiologists have at least eight years of university training, and have deep knowledge in all aspects of hearing health. Only audiologists and physicians are licensed to diagnose the type and extent of hearing loss and related health concerns.
- Real Ear Measurement? Audibel offices usually don’t have the training or equipment necessary to perform Real Ear Measurements. These computer-aided measurements employ a specialized microphone that allows the audiologist to understand exactly how the aids are working in your ears without asking “how does that sound?” The use of these measurements take the guess-work out of hearing aid fitting and makes a world of difference in the performance of hearing aids. We guarantee your satisfaction.
- Hearing Aid Evaluations or Hearing Tests? Audibel hearing tests are typically performed by dealers and not audiologists or physicians. Therefore, by law they can not do the kind of specialized medically-proficient testing needed to differentiate hearing loss treatable with hearing aids vs more severe medical conditions that need referral to a physician. “Hearing tests” are also not eligible for insurance reimbursement, whereas insurance does cover hearing evaluations conducted by licensed audiologists.
- “Locked” Hearing Aids? Audibel dealers typically lock their devices so adjustments can only be performed at Audibel locations. A patient who buys locked aids will have no choice but to go back to Audibel stores even if they are unhappy with the service.
- Pricing and Customer Service? National hearing aid chains like Audibel mostly employ hearing aid dealers. Hearing aid dealers can’t provide the diagnostic audiological evaluation, and the advanced level of hearing healthcare and attention that you’ll receive from a professional audiologist. They also advertise pricing based on a discount from “manufacturer’s suggested retail price.” At a private local audiologist, you shouldn’t feel rushed and you will be given fair pricing that is often less than the national chains. Most important: you should not have to go back multiple times for your aids to be working their best.
Find the Right Hearing Aid with Help from Now Hear This®
Wondering if Audibel hearing aids may be right for you? For honest advice, comprehensive hearing evaluations and a range of hearing solutions, turn to the Board-certified and licensed Raleigh audiologists at Now Hear This®. Our hearing clinic is committed to helping patients find the perfect solution for their lifestyle, budget and unique hearing needs. To discuss your options, schedule an appointment online or call us at 919-256-2898.